Seminar – Cannabis in the workplace
The recent legalization of recreational cannabis will have significant impacts on Canadian business owners and human resources professionals – especially when it comes to existing drug and alcohol use policies.
Facing a narrow timeline and potentially significant consequences, organizations must establish clear workplace cannabis use policies that effectively balance employee rights with their business needs.
During this insightful presentation and networking opportunity, you’ll discover how the legalization of recreational cannabis will affect your current workplace drug and alcohol policies. We will outline how employers can address employee cannabis use at and outside of work, key factors to consider and potential hurdles you may encounter along the way.
We will discuss:
- What legalized cannabis means for Canadians
- Policies to have in place prior to legalization
- Employer duties to accommodate medical cannabis patients
- Safety sensitive roles in the age of recreational cannabis
- How to roll out and communicate workplace cannabis use policies with employees
Date and Time: Tue, 27 November 2018 from 8:00 AM
Location: Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Montreal Centre-Ville Ouest
Please note that the presentation will be in English. For more information, contact Emilie Desgagnes at 514.807.9452 or firstname.lastname@example.org